Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blogging SXSW

For the next few days, I will cease obsessing over professional basketball to chronicle my fifth trip to the South By Southwest Music Festival in Austin.
This trip is different for two reasons. The past four trips I was under 21 and not a UT-Austin student. Coming to Austin to see live music was a novelty beyond my many trips here to see beloved family. Now, enjoying this beautiful city is a routine, something I might take for granted. I'm also on the verge of a 22nd birthday, which means I don't have to worry about not seeing the bands that play in 21+ bars. The newfound freedom feels exceptional and the abundance of music is as joyous as it was in my first four trips.
I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home